Mar 25, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Eddie A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Betemit was diagnosed with a Grade 2/3 PCL tear with “associated injuries.” No word yet on how long he’ll be sidelined, but it doesn’t sound promising.
4:01 PM: The spring has gone on way too long, people. From CSNBaltimore.com:
Orioles designated hitter Wilson Betemit suffered a sprained right knee ligament injury in the fifth inning of Monday’s game with the Boston Red Sox.
The play occurred when Betemit was running the bases. He took off from first as Manny Machado flied to left field. Betemit attempted to retreat to first and then collapsed near second base. Before he went down Betemit had hit a three-run homer and had a sac-fly RBI.
The O’s will reevaluate him tomorrow.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 1
- The Lester trade is a win-win 73
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 139
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (144)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (119)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)