Mar 25, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Eddie A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Betemit was diagnosed with a Grade 2/3 PCL tear with “associated injuries.” No word yet on how long he’ll be sidelined, but it doesn’t sound promising.
4:01 PM: The spring has gone on way too long, people. From CSNBaltimore.com:
Orioles designated hitter Wilson Betemit suffered a sprained right knee ligament injury in the fifth inning of Monday’s game with the Boston Red Sox.
The play occurred when Betemit was running the bases. He took off from first as Manny Machado flied to left field. Betemit attempted to retreat to first and then collapsed near second base. Before he went down Betemit had hit a three-run homer and had a sac-fly RBI.
The O’s will reevaluate him tomorrow.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (214)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)