Mar 25, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Eddie A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Betemit was diagnosed with a Grade 2/3 PCL tear with “associated injuries.” No word yet on how long he’ll be sidelined, but it doesn’t sound promising.
4:01 PM: The spring has gone on way too long, people. From CSNBaltimore.com:
Orioles designated hitter Wilson Betemit suffered a sprained right knee ligament injury in the fifth inning of Monday’s game with the Boston Red Sox.
The play occurred when Betemit was running the bases. He took off from first as Manny Machado flied to left field. Betemit attempted to retreat to first and then collapsed near second base. Before he went down Betemit had hit a three-run homer and had a sac-fly RBI.
The O’s will reevaluate him tomorrow.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)