Mar 25, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Eddie A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun passes along word that Betemit was diagnosed with a Grade 2/3 PCL tear with “associated injuries.” No word yet on how long he’ll be sidelined, but it doesn’t sound promising.
4:01 PM: The spring has gone on way too long, people. From CSNBaltimore.com:
Orioles designated hitter Wilson Betemit suffered a sprained right knee ligament injury in the fifth inning of Monday’s game with the Boston Red Sox.
The play occurred when Betemit was running the bases. He took off from first as Manny Machado flied to left field. Betemit attempted to retreat to first and then collapsed near second base. Before he went down Betemit had hit a three-run homer and had a sac-fly RBI.
The O’s will reevaluate him tomorrow.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 9
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)