Mar 26, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez’s hip seems to be healing well. The Yankee slugger was spotted at dinner with girlfriend Torrie Wilson … Rodriguez “looked happy and in great shape.”
This simply can’t be. The experts at the Daily News told me that A-Rod was so injured and busted and old and broken that he’d rather retire and relieve the Yankees of having to pay him the remaining $114 million on his deal than try to come back.
Call me crazy, but I’m almost starting to believe that that was a talking point disseminated by the Yankees in an effort to try to shame A-Rod from coming back. One which was so attractive to the A-Rod hating Daily News writers that they passed it along without any critical thought.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)