Mar 26, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez’s hip seems to be healing well. The Yankee slugger was spotted at dinner with girlfriend Torrie Wilson … Rodriguez “looked happy and in great shape.”
This simply can’t be. The experts at the Daily News told me that A-Rod was so injured and busted and old and broken that he’d rather retire and relieve the Yankees of having to pay him the remaining $114 million on his deal than try to come back.
Call me crazy, but I’m almost starting to believe that that was a talking point disseminated by the Yankees in an effort to try to shame A-Rod from coming back. One which was so attractive to the A-Rod hating Daily News writers that they passed it along without any critical thought.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)