Mar 26, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez’s hip seems to be healing well. The Yankee slugger was spotted at dinner with girlfriend Torrie Wilson … Rodriguez “looked happy and in great shape.”
This simply can’t be. The experts at the Daily News told me that A-Rod was so injured and busted and old and broken that he’d rather retire and relieve the Yankees of having to pay him the remaining $114 million on his deal than try to come back.
Call me crazy, but I’m almost starting to believe that that was a talking point disseminated by the Yankees in an effort to try to shame A-Rod from coming back. One which was so attractive to the A-Rod hating Daily News writers that they passed it along without any critical thought.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)