Mar 26, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez’s hip seems to be healing well. The Yankee slugger was spotted at dinner with girlfriend Torrie Wilson … Rodriguez “looked happy and in great shape.”
This simply can’t be. The experts at the Daily News told me that A-Rod was so injured and busted and old and broken that he’d rather retire and relieve the Yankees of having to pay him the remaining $114 million on his deal than try to come back.
Call me crazy, but I’m almost starting to believe that that was a talking point disseminated by the Yankees in an effort to try to shame A-Rod from coming back. One which was so attractive to the A-Rod hating Daily News writers that they passed it along without any critical thought.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)