Mar 26, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow originally drafted Greene when he was with the Cardinals and figured he was worth taking a flier on, picking him up on the cheap in December.
Greene hit .167 this spring to play himself out of a job and the Astros snatched up Ronny Cedeno to be their starting shortstop last week after the Cardinals released him.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 25
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)