Mar 26, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Betancourt played for Milwaukee in 2011, hitting .252 with a ghastly .271 on-base percentage and .652 OPS in 152 games as the starting shortstop, and yet that didn’t keep the Brewers from bringing him back for a reunion.
Presumably he’ll act as veteran depth behind rookie shortstop Jean Segura and second baseman Rickie Weeks, but who knows. Milwaukee now joins Kansas City as the second team to acquire Betancourt multiple times. Congrats to them for that.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)