Mar 26, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Betancourt played for Milwaukee in 2011, hitting .252 with a ghastly .271 on-base percentage and .652 OPS in 152 games as the starting shortstop, and yet that didn’t keep the Brewers from bringing him back for a reunion.
Presumably he’ll act as veteran depth behind rookie shortstop Jean Segura and second baseman Rickie Weeks, but who knows. Milwaukee now joins Kansas City as the second team to acquire Betancourt multiple times. Congrats to them for that.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)