Mar 26, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
From beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic comes word that Diamondbacks right-hander Daniel Hudson threw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last July 9.
Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers told reporters after the workout was through that Hudson should be ready to rejoin the Snakes’ starting rotation sometime around the 2013 All-Star break.
Hudson, 26, posted a superb 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio over 222 innings in 2011. He had a 7.35 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 37/12 K/BB ratio in 45 1/3 innings last year before going under the knife.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)