Mar 26, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
From beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic comes word that Diamondbacks right-hander Daniel Hudson threw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last July 9.
Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers told reporters after the workout was through that Hudson should be ready to rejoin the Snakes’ starting rotation sometime around the 2013 All-Star break.
Hudson, 26, posted a superb 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio over 222 innings in 2011. He had a 7.35 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 37/12 K/BB ratio in 45 1/3 innings last year before going under the knife.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15