Mar 26, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
From beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic comes word that Diamondbacks right-hander Daniel Hudson threw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last July 9.
Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers told reporters after the workout was through that Hudson should be ready to rejoin the Snakes’ starting rotation sometime around the 2013 All-Star break.
Hudson, 26, posted a superb 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio over 222 innings in 2011. He had a 7.35 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 37/12 K/BB ratio in 45 1/3 innings last year before going under the knife.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 19
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 46
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 22
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)