Mar 26, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
From beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic comes word that Diamondbacks right-hander Daniel Hudson threw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last July 9.
Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers told reporters after the workout was through that Hudson should be ready to rejoin the Snakes’ starting rotation sometime around the 2013 All-Star break.
Hudson, 26, posted a superb 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio over 222 innings in 2011. He had a 7.35 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 37/12 K/BB ratio in 45 1/3 innings last year before going under the knife.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)