Mar 26, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
From beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic comes word that Diamondbacks right-hander Daniel Hudson threw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery last July 9.
Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers told reporters after the workout was through that Hudson should be ready to rejoin the Snakes’ starting rotation sometime around the 2013 All-Star break.
Hudson, 26, posted a superb 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio over 222 innings in 2011. He had a 7.35 ERA, 1.63 WHIP and 37/12 K/BB ratio in 45 1/3 innings last year before going under the knife.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)