Mar 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that the current hope is for Freese to be activated on April 8 for the home opener, which would mean missing a total of just six games.
Freese, who suffered the injury three weeks ago while diving into the stands, got an anti-inflammatory injection after an MRI exam showed no structural damage. He played a career-high 144 games last season, hitting .293 with 20 homers and an .839 OPS while making his first All-Star appearance.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8