Mar 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that the current hope is for Freese to be activated on April 8 for the home opener, which would mean missing a total of just six games.
Freese, who suffered the injury three weeks ago while diving into the stands, got an anti-inflammatory injection after an MRI exam showed no structural damage. He played a career-high 144 games last season, hitting .293 with 20 homers and an .839 OPS while making his first All-Star appearance.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)