Mar 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that the current hope is for Freese to be activated on April 8 for the home opener, which would mean missing a total of just six games.
Freese, who suffered the injury three weeks ago while diving into the stands, got an anti-inflammatory injection after an MRI exam showed no structural damage. He played a career-high 144 games last season, hitting .293 with 20 homers and an .839 OPS while making his first All-Star appearance.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 76
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)