Mar 26, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
The past week has been filled with teams releasing veteran players who were signed to minor-league deals because they didn’t want to pay them a $100,000 bonus for accepting assignments to Triple-A.
They’ll head to Triple-A to serve as organizational depth and it certainly won’t be surprising if both guys get call-ups at some point.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)