Mar 26, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Pieces falling into place for Pittsburgh:
— Rob Biertempfel (@BiertempfelTrib) March 26, 2013
Not sure what makes that sound like more of a threat: the all-caps or the fact that it involves Jonathan Sanchez having a prominent role here.
Which, look, I’m not meaning to hate. I want the Pirates to break the string of sub-.500 seasons because people in Pittsburgh are nice people and good baseball fans and it would mean a lot and be great story and all of that. But man, if Jonathan Sanchez makes your rotation, and if he’s not even the fifth starter, which he likely isn’t here, you have a pretty precipitous falloff afoot.
I feel like that no-hitter a few years ago is keeping him in the league way longer than he would have been otherwise. I also feel like the Pirates are gonna be shuffling around the back end of that rotation before the calendar hits May.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 13
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 14
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)