Mar 26, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Pieces falling into place for Pittsburgh:
— Rob Biertempfel (@BiertempfelTrib) March 26, 2013
Not sure what makes that sound like more of a threat: the all-caps or the fact that it involves Jonathan Sanchez having a prominent role here.
Which, look, I’m not meaning to hate. I want the Pirates to break the string of sub-.500 seasons because people in Pittsburgh are nice people and good baseball fans and it would mean a lot and be great story and all of that. But man, if Jonathan Sanchez makes your rotation, and if he’s not even the fifth starter, which he likely isn’t here, you have a pretty precipitous falloff afoot.
I feel like that no-hitter a few years ago is keeping him in the league way longer than he would have been otherwise. I also feel like the Pirates are gonna be shuffling around the back end of that rotation before the calendar hits May.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)