Mar 26, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
Philly.com has a preview of a book about Lenny Dykstra written by a former underling. The upshot: Dykstra is “a sexist, racist, sexual deviant and one of the biggest all-around lowlifes you’ll ever come across.” Check out the link for some of the “highlights,” the least offensive of which is that he’d fill hotel toilets with poop because he thought it was funny when the maids would come in and find it.
Thing is, given what else we’ve heard about Dykstra, I’m not sure any of this is all that surprising. What it does make me wonder about is other well-known people in the world who are lowlifes like this except we don’t know about it because they didn’t happen to get convicted of crimes which emboldened the tell-allers to tell-all. Like, what if Andy Griffith was exactly like Len Dykstra, but we just never knew it because he took care of his employees!
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 54
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (76)