Mar 26, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
Philly.com has a preview of a book about Lenny Dykstra written by a former underling. The upshot: Dykstra is “a sexist, racist, sexual deviant and one of the biggest all-around lowlifes you’ll ever come across.” Check out the link for some of the “highlights,” the least offensive of which is that he’d fill hotel toilets with poop because he thought it was funny when the maids would come in and find it.
Thing is, given what else we’ve heard about Dykstra, I’m not sure any of this is all that surprising. What it does make me wonder about is other well-known people in the world who are lowlifes like this except we don’t know about it because they didn’t happen to get convicted of crimes which emboldened the tell-allers to tell-all. Like, what if Andy Griffith was exactly like Len Dykstra, but we just never knew it because he took care of his employees!
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)