Mar 26, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
Philly.com has a preview of a book about Lenny Dykstra written by a former underling. The upshot: Dykstra is “a sexist, racist, sexual deviant and one of the biggest all-around lowlifes you’ll ever come across.” Check out the link for some of the “highlights,” the least offensive of which is that he’d fill hotel toilets with poop because he thought it was funny when the maids would come in and find it.
Thing is, given what else we’ve heard about Dykstra, I’m not sure any of this is all that surprising. What it does make me wonder about is other well-known people in the world who are lowlifes like this except we don’t know about it because they didn’t happen to get convicted of crimes which emboldened the tell-allers to tell-all. Like, what if Andy Griffith was exactly like Len Dykstra, but we just never knew it because he took care of his employees!
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)