Mar 26, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
Philly.com has a preview of a book about Lenny Dykstra written by a former underling. The upshot: Dykstra is “a sexist, racist, sexual deviant and one of the biggest all-around lowlifes you’ll ever come across.” Check out the link for some of the “highlights,” the least offensive of which is that he’d fill hotel toilets with poop because he thought it was funny when the maids would come in and find it.
Thing is, given what else we’ve heard about Dykstra, I’m not sure any of this is all that surprising. What it does make me wonder about is other well-known people in the world who are lowlifes like this except we don’t know about it because they didn’t happen to get convicted of crimes which emboldened the tell-allers to tell-all. Like, what if Andy Griffith was exactly like Len Dykstra, but we just never knew it because he took care of his employees!
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (116)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)