Mar 26, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
Philly.com has a preview of a book about Lenny Dykstra written by a former underling. The upshot: Dykstra is “a sexist, racist, sexual deviant and one of the biggest all-around lowlifes you’ll ever come across.” Check out the link for some of the “highlights,” the least offensive of which is that he’d fill hotel toilets with poop because he thought it was funny when the maids would come in and find it.
Thing is, given what else we’ve heard about Dykstra, I’m not sure any of this is all that surprising. What it does make me wonder about is other well-known people in the world who are lowlifes like this except we don’t know about it because they didn’t happen to get convicted of crimes which emboldened the tell-allers to tell-all. Like, what if Andy Griffith was exactly like Len Dykstra, but we just never knew it because he took care of his employees!
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)