Mar 26, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Greinke, who got a platelet-rich plasma injection in his inflamed elbow on March 11, allowed five runs in three innings against the Royals. He’d previously thrown against White Sox minor leaguers in a game last week, also without any issues.
Assuming he avoids a setback Friday during his final scheduled spring training start Greinke should be cleared to begin the season in the Dodgers’ rotation.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)