Mar 26, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Greinke, who got a platelet-rich plasma injection in his inflamed elbow on March 11, allowed five runs in three innings against the Royals. He’d previously thrown against White Sox minor leaguers in a game last week, also without any issues.
Assuming he avoids a setback Friday during his final scheduled spring training start Greinke should be cleared to begin the season in the Dodgers’ rotation.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 10
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 37
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)