Mar 27, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
As first reported by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Angels have acquired right-hander Dane De La Rosa from the Rays in exchange for right-hander Steve Geltz. The two pitchers have 14 total innings of major league experience between them.
De La Rosa, 30, registered a 2.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 54 relief appearances last year at Triple-A Durham, striking out 87 batters but issuing 42 walks in 67 2/3 innings. If he works out his control issues, he could develop into a decent middle reliever.
Geltz, 25, had a 3.05 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 70/20 K/BB ratio in 59 frames last year between Double-A Arkansas and Triple-A Salt Lake. He has already been officially assigned to the Triple-A Durham Bulls’ bullpen.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 100
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)