Mar 27, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
As first reported by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Angels have acquired right-hander Dane De La Rosa from the Rays in exchange for right-hander Steve Geltz. The two pitchers have 14 total innings of major league experience between them.
De La Rosa, 30, registered a 2.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 54 relief appearances last year at Triple-A Durham, striking out 87 batters but issuing 42 walks in 67 2/3 innings. If he works out his control issues, he could develop into a decent middle reliever.
Geltz, 25, had a 3.05 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 70/20 K/BB ratio in 59 frames last year between Double-A Arkansas and Triple-A Salt Lake. He has already been officially assigned to the Triple-A Durham Bulls’ bullpen.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)