Mar 27, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
As first reported by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Angels have acquired right-hander Dane De La Rosa from the Rays in exchange for right-hander Steve Geltz. The two pitchers have 14 total innings of major league experience between them.
De La Rosa, 30, registered a 2.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 54 relief appearances last year at Triple-A Durham, striking out 87 batters but issuing 42 walks in 67 2/3 innings. If he works out his control issues, he could develop into a decent middle reliever.
Geltz, 25, had a 3.05 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 70/20 K/BB ratio in 59 frames last year between Double-A Arkansas and Triple-A Salt Lake. He has already been officially assigned to the Triple-A Durham Bulls’ bullpen.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (235)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)