Mar 27, 2013, 7:25 PM EDT
As first reported by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Angels have acquired right-hander Dane De La Rosa from the Rays in exchange for right-hander Steve Geltz. The two pitchers have 14 total innings of major league experience between them.
De La Rosa, 30, registered a 2.79 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 54 relief appearances last year at Triple-A Durham, striking out 87 batters but issuing 42 walks in 67 2/3 innings. If he works out his control issues, he could develop into a decent middle reliever.
Geltz, 25, had a 3.05 ERA, 1.05 WHIP and 70/20 K/BB ratio in 59 frames last year between Double-A Arkansas and Triple-A Salt Lake. He has already been officially assigned to the Triple-A Durham Bulls’ bullpen.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)