Mar 27, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Lowe has struggled to stay healthy for most of his career, but throws hard and had a 3.63 ERA in 88 appearances for the Rangers during the past two seasons, posting a 70/32 K/BB ratio in 84 innings.
Ryan Madson‘s setbacks returning from Tommy John elbow surgery took a dent out of the Angels’ bullpen depth and Lowe is a nice low-cost pickup who could work his way into a middle relief gig.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)