Mar 27, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Lowe has struggled to stay healthy for most of his career, but throws hard and had a 3.63 ERA in 88 appearances for the Rangers during the past two seasons, posting a 70/32 K/BB ratio in 84 innings.
Ryan Madson‘s setbacks returning from Tommy John elbow surgery took a dent out of the Angels’ bullpen depth and Lowe is a nice low-cost pickup who could work his way into a middle relief gig.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)