Mar 27, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will likely miss the Nationals’ final two Grapefruit League games while letting his swollen left thumb heal, but the 20-year-old outfielder hopes to play Friday against the Yankees in Washington in advance of Opening Day on Monday.
In other Harper news, I was in a restaurant with my kids last night where SportsCenter was showing his spring training stats. My son asked me if someone hitting .490 is good. I said yeah. So now my son likes Bryce Harper. He also has no patience for people who talk about how spring training stats are meaningless.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)