Mar 27, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports that Bloomquist has a Grade 2 strain and there’s no timetable for his return. Based on backdating the DL stint the earliest he could come back is April 11.
Even without the injury he’d have had a very hard time repeating last year’s production, but Bloomquist was actually pretty valuable for the Diamondbacks while hitting .302 with a .724 OPS in 80 games. It was the first season of his 11-year career with an OPS above .700.
For all of their hard-nosed grit the Diamondbacks sure have a lot of injuries already.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 10
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)