Mar 27, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports that Bloomquist has a Grade 2 strain and there’s no timetable for his return. Based on backdating the DL stint the earliest he could come back is April 11.
Even without the injury he’d have had a very hard time repeating last year’s production, but Bloomquist was actually pretty valuable for the Diamondbacks while hitting .302 with a .724 OPS in 80 games. It was the first season of his 11-year career with an OPS above .700.
For all of their hard-nosed grit the Diamondbacks sure have a lot of injuries already.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 237
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (238)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)