Mar 27, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com reports that Bloomquist has a Grade 2 strain and there’s no timetable for his return. Based on backdating the DL stint the earliest he could come back is April 11.
Even without the injury he’d have had a very hard time repeating last year’s production, but Bloomquist was actually pretty valuable for the Diamondbacks while hitting .302 with a .724 OPS in 80 games. It was the first season of his 11-year career with an OPS above .700.
For all of their hard-nosed grit the Diamondbacks sure have a lot of injuries already.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)