Mar 27, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
The Blue Jays have already announced that their opening day game will be delayed 42 minutes by two drum solos, a guitar solo, three time signature changes and an extended ode to some future dystopia or whatever the heck it is these guys go on about at interminable length:
#BlueJays announce that Rush frontman Geddy Lee will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Night.
— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) March 27, 2013
Here’s hoping the pitch is good and close[er] to the heart of the plate.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (114)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)