Mar 27, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Blue Jays have already announced that their opening day game will be delayed 42 minutes by two drum solos, a guitar solo, three time signature changes and an extended ode to some future dystopia or whatever the heck it is these guys go on about at interminable length:
#BlueJays announce that Rush frontman Geddy Lee will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Night.
— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) March 27, 2013
Here’s hoping the pitch is good and close[er] to the heart of the plate.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)