Mar 27, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Blue Jays have already announced that their opening day game will be delayed 42 minutes by two drum solos, a guitar solo, three time signature changes and an extended ode to some future dystopia or whatever the heck it is these guys go on about at interminable length:
#BlueJays announce that Rush frontman Geddy Lee will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Night.
— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) March 27, 2013
Here’s hoping the pitch is good and close[er] to the heart of the plate.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20