Mar 27, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Blue Jays have already announced that their opening day game will be delayed 42 minutes by two drum solos, a guitar solo, three time signature changes and an extended ode to some future dystopia or whatever the heck it is these guys go on about at interminable length:
#BlueJays announce that Rush frontman Geddy Lee will be throwing out the ceremonial first pitch on Opening Night.
— Gregor Chisholm (@gregorMLB) March 27, 2013
Here’s hoping the pitch is good and close[er] to the heart of the plate.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 36
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (92)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)