Mar 27, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
I can’t get enough of these kinds of descriptions of the Diamondbacks. In reference to the Justin Upton trade:
The Diamondbacks gave up on that magnificent yet inconsistent talent in a bid to transform the team into a scrappy, tough, aggressive unit that relies more on contact hitting than home runs, coupled with a solid rotation and a substantially beefed up bullpen.
Primal roars! Gnashing of teeth! Pounding of chests!
Unfortunately for Arizona, an injury has slowed the rebuilding plans.
Aww, the gritty he-men have boo-boos.
Meanwhile, Justin Upton takes a long, slow drink from a tall glass of lemonade, gets out of his La-Z-Boy, loafs up to the plate and hits a ball 567 feet.
But good work on that grit, Kirk and Kevin.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 43
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 168
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)