Mar 27, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
I can’t get enough of these kinds of descriptions of the Diamondbacks. In reference to the Justin Upton trade:
The Diamondbacks gave up on that magnificent yet inconsistent talent in a bid to transform the team into a scrappy, tough, aggressive unit that relies more on contact hitting than home runs, coupled with a solid rotation and a substantially beefed up bullpen.
Primal roars! Gnashing of teeth! Pounding of chests!
Unfortunately for Arizona, an injury has slowed the rebuilding plans.
Aww, the gritty he-men have boo-boos.
Meanwhile, Justin Upton takes a long, slow drink from a tall glass of lemonade, gets out of his La-Z-Boy, loafs up to the plate and hits a ball 567 feet.
But good work on that grit, Kirk and Kevin.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)