Mar 27, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Normally pitchers ramp up slowly during spring training, building up arm strength with each start, but Lohse will only have time to make one Cactus League appearance before the season begins. However, while Scott Boras tried to find him work Lohse was throwing bullpen sessions and simulated games at the agent’s training complex, so he’s more or less fully stretched out.
Milwaukee forfeited the No. 17 pick in the draft to sign Lohse and will pay him $4 million this season, $11 million in each of 2014 and 2015, and $7 million in deferred payments from 2016-2018.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)