Mar 27, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Normally pitchers ramp up slowly during spring training, building up arm strength with each start, but Lohse will only have time to make one Cactus League appearance before the season begins. However, while Scott Boras tried to find him work Lohse was throwing bullpen sessions and simulated games at the agent’s training complex, so he’s more or less fully stretched out.
Milwaukee forfeited the No. 17 pick in the draft to sign Lohse and will pay him $4 million this season, $11 million in each of 2014 and 2015, and $7 million in deferred payments from 2016-2018.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)