Mar 27, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Normally pitchers ramp up slowly during spring training, building up arm strength with each start, but Lohse will only have time to make one Cactus League appearance before the season begins. However, while Scott Boras tried to find him work Lohse was throwing bullpen sessions and simulated games at the agent’s training complex, so he’s more or less fully stretched out.
Milwaukee forfeited the No. 17 pick in the draft to sign Lohse and will pay him $4 million this season, $11 million in each of 2014 and 2015, and $7 million in deferred payments from 2016-2018.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)