Mar 27, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Normally pitchers ramp up slowly during spring training, building up arm strength with each start, but Lohse will only have time to make one Cactus League appearance before the season begins. However, while Scott Boras tried to find him work Lohse was throwing bullpen sessions and simulated games at the agent’s training complex, so he’s more or less fully stretched out.
Milwaukee forfeited the No. 17 pick in the draft to sign Lohse and will pay him $4 million this season, $11 million in each of 2014 and 2015, and $7 million in deferred payments from 2016-2018.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 10
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 32
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)