Mar 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
Kinda saw this coming:
Girardi acknowledges Hughes will start on DL #Yankees
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) March 27, 2013
Not the end of the world as he seems to be progressing from earlier back trouble this spring. But it’s not as if the Yankees needed any more DL time either.
He could be back the second week of April. Given the days off in the early schedule, that shouldn’t have too much of an impact.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 246
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (248)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (91)