Mar 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Kinda saw this coming:
Girardi acknowledges Hughes will start on DL #Yankees
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) March 27, 2013
Not the end of the world as he seems to be progressing from earlier back trouble this spring. But it’s not as if the Yankees needed any more DL time either.
He could be back the second week of April. Given the days off in the early schedule, that shouldn’t have too much of an impact.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106