Mar 27, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
Kinda saw this coming:
Girardi acknowledges Hughes will start on DL #Yankees
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) March 27, 2013
Not the end of the world as he seems to be progressing from earlier back trouble this spring. But it’s not as if the Yankees needed any more DL time either.
He could be back the second week of April. Given the days off in the early schedule, that shouldn’t have too much of an impact.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)