Mar 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tepesch is 24 years old and has yet to pitch above Double-A. And in fact he wasn’t even all that good at Double-A, making 14 starts there with a 4.28 ERA, 68/26 K/BB ratio, and 97 hits allowed in 90 innings.
Robbie Ross and Michael Kirkman were also in the running for the spot, but the Rangers decided they preferred them both in the bullpen and opted not to make a run at free agent Kyle Lohse. Instead they’ll hope that Tepesch can hold his own until Lewis or Perez is ready in a couple months.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)