Mar 27, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan has the information:
The Rangers sent pitcher Coty Woods back to the Rockies. They are getting first baseman Chris McGuinness back from the Indians. Both were selected in the Rule 5 Draft and no trades were able to be completed for them to stay where they are.
Woods posted a decent 3.20 ERA and 47/19 K/BB ratio across 56 1/3 innings last season between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Colorado Springs. The 25-year-old right-hander will presumably report back to Triple-A Colorado Springs for the start of 2013.
McGuinness, 24, hit .268/.366/.474 with 23 home runs and 77 RBI in 123 games last season at Double-A Frisco. He has already officially been assigned the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock, Texas.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 2
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 51
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 16
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 26
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)