Mar 27, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan has the information:
The Rangers sent pitcher Coty Woods back to the Rockies. They are getting first baseman Chris McGuinness back from the Indians. Both were selected in the Rule 5 Draft and no trades were able to be completed for them to stay where they are.
Woods posted a decent 3.20 ERA and 47/19 K/BB ratio across 56 1/3 innings last season between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Colorado Springs. The 25-year-old right-hander will presumably report back to Triple-A Colorado Springs for the start of 2013.
McGuinness, 24, hit .268/.366/.474 with 23 home runs and 77 RBI in 123 games last season at Double-A Frisco. He has already officially been assigned the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock, Texas.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (167)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (134)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)