Mar 27, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan has the information:
The Rangers sent pitcher Coty Woods back to the Rockies. They are getting first baseman Chris McGuinness back from the Indians. Both were selected in the Rule 5 Draft and no trades were able to be completed for them to stay where they are.
Woods posted a decent 3.20 ERA and 47/19 K/BB ratio across 56 1/3 innings last season between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Colorado Springs. The 25-year-old right-hander will presumably report back to Triple-A Colorado Springs for the start of 2013.
McGuinness, 24, hit .268/.366/.474 with 23 home runs and 77 RBI in 123 games last season at Double-A Frisco. He has already officially been assigned the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock, Texas.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)