Mar 27, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan has the information:
The Rangers sent pitcher Coty Woods back to the Rockies. They are getting first baseman Chris McGuinness back from the Indians. Both were selected in the Rule 5 Draft and no trades were able to be completed for them to stay where they are.
Woods posted a decent 3.20 ERA and 47/19 K/BB ratio across 56 1/3 innings last season between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Colorado Springs. The 25-year-old right-hander will presumably report back to Triple-A Colorado Springs for the start of 2013.
McGuinness, 24, hit .268/.366/.474 with 23 home runs and 77 RBI in 123 games last season at Double-A Frisco. He has already officially been assigned the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock, Texas.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)