Mar 27, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan has the information:
The Rangers sent pitcher Coty Woods back to the Rockies. They are getting first baseman Chris McGuinness back from the Indians. Both were selected in the Rule 5 Draft and no trades were able to be completed for them to stay where they are.
Woods posted a decent 3.20 ERA and 47/19 K/BB ratio across 56 1/3 innings last season between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Colorado Springs. The 25-year-old right-hander will presumably report back to Triple-A Colorado Springs for the start of 2013.
McGuinness, 24, hit .268/.366/.474 with 23 home runs and 77 RBI in 123 games last season at Double-A Frisco. He has already officially been assigned the Rangers’ Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock, Texas.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 13
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)