Mar 27, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the Reds would like Olivo to accept an assignment to Triple-A so they can keep him around for depth, with the incentive being a $100,000 bonus for agreeing.
Mesoraco played sparingly behind Hanigan as a 23-year-old rookie last season, making just 48 starts behind the plate while hitting .212 with a .640 OPS, but it’ll be difficult to evaluate the former top prospect’s long-term potential if he doesn’t have an opportunity to be in the lineup regularly.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)