Mar 27, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the Reds would like Olivo to accept an assignment to Triple-A so they can keep him around for depth, with the incentive being a $100,000 bonus for agreeing.
Mesoraco played sparingly behind Hanigan as a 23-year-old rookie last season, making just 48 starts behind the plate while hitting .212 with a .640 OPS, but it’ll be difficult to evaluate the former top prospect’s long-term potential if he doesn’t have an opportunity to be in the lineup regularly.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)