Mar 27, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the Reds would like Olivo to accept an assignment to Triple-A so they can keep him around for depth, with the incentive being a $100,000 bonus for agreeing.
Mesoraco played sparingly behind Hanigan as a 23-year-old rookie last season, making just 48 starts behind the plate while hitting .212 with a .640 OPS, but it’ll be difficult to evaluate the former top prospect’s long-term potential if he doesn’t have an opportunity to be in the lineup regularly.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)