Mar 27, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the Reds would like Olivo to accept an assignment to Triple-A so they can keep him around for depth, with the incentive being a $100,000 bonus for agreeing.
Mesoraco played sparingly behind Hanigan as a 23-year-old rookie last season, making just 48 starts behind the plate while hitting .212 with a .640 OPS, but it’ll be difficult to evaluate the former top prospect’s long-term potential if he doesn’t have an opportunity to be in the lineup regularly.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)