Mar 27, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
Is spring training over yet? I’m assuming the Diamondbacks wish it was. For they lost three more players to injury in last night’s meaningless game.
First, second baseman Aaron Hill was hit on the left little finger with a Jered Weaver pitch in the first inning. Then outfielder Jason Kubel rolled his left ankle a bit coming out of the batter’s box in the second, and finally, shortstop Willie Bloomquist strained his right oblique muscle while swinging at a pitch in the third.
Hill seems OK and won’t miss time. Kubel is day-to-day. Bloomquist will have an MRI today but is pretty sure that he’s going to miss Opening Day.
Spring training always seems to last a week or two too long. This year, because of the WBC, it actually was a week or two too long. Enough: let’s get some players injured in games that mattered rather than in games that don’t.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)