Mar 27, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
Is spring training over yet? I’m assuming the Diamondbacks wish it was. For they lost three more players to injury in last night’s meaningless game.
First, second baseman Aaron Hill was hit on the left little finger with a Jered Weaver pitch in the first inning. Then outfielder Jason Kubel rolled his left ankle a bit coming out of the batter’s box in the second, and finally, shortstop Willie Bloomquist strained his right oblique muscle while swinging at a pitch in the third.
Hill seems OK and won’t miss time. Kubel is day-to-day. Bloomquist will have an MRI today but is pretty sure that he’s going to miss Opening Day.
Spring training always seems to last a week or two too long. This year, because of the WBC, it actually was a week or two too long. Enough: let’s get some players injured in games that mattered rather than in games that don’t.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 34
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)