Mar 27, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
Worley, who was acquired from the Phillies along with prospect Trevor May in a trade for center fielder Ben Revere this offseason, has a 3.56 ERA in 46 career starts through age 24. And lucky him, he’ll match up with Justin Verlander and the Tigers in the opener.
Minnesota’s rotation will also include Kevin Correia and Mike Pelfrey, with Liam Hendriks and Cole DeVries expected to snag the final two spots. Last year Twins starters had the worst ERA in the league and it may not be a whole lot prettier this season.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 26
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 7
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)