Mar 27, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
Worley, who was acquired from the Phillies along with prospect Trevor May in a trade for center fielder Ben Revere this offseason, has a 3.56 ERA in 46 career starts through age 24. And lucky him, he’ll match up with Justin Verlander and the Tigers in the opener.
Minnesota’s rotation will also include Kevin Correia and Mike Pelfrey, with Liam Hendriks and Cole DeVries expected to snag the final two spots. Last year Twins starters had the worst ERA in the league and it may not be a whole lot prettier this season.
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 1
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)