Mar 27, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected the White Sox have placed John Danks on the disabled list as he recovers from August shoulder surgery.
Danks was a mess this spring with a 16.36 ERA in four starts, allowing 21 runs in 11 innings, and general manager Rick Hahn told Scott Merkin of MLB.com that “it could be a couple weeks, it could be longer” for the left-hander to join the rotation.
Danks has insisted that he feels fine, but his velocity has not fully returned. Dylan Axelrod will take his place in the rotation and the 27-year-old right-hander has some solid numbers in the minors, although he struggled in 51 innings for the White Sox last season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)