Mar 27, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected the White Sox have placed John Danks on the disabled list as he recovers from August shoulder surgery.
Danks was a mess this spring with a 16.36 ERA in four starts, allowing 21 runs in 11 innings, and general manager Rick Hahn told Scott Merkin of MLB.com that “it could be a couple weeks, it could be longer” for the left-hander to join the rotation.
Danks has insisted that he feels fine, but his velocity has not fully returned. Dylan Axelrod will take his place in the rotation and the 27-year-old right-hander has some solid numbers in the minors, although he struggled in 51 innings for the White Sox last season.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 26
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 22
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 9
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)