Mar 27, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
As expected the White Sox have placed John Danks on the disabled list as he recovers from August shoulder surgery.
Danks was a mess this spring with a 16.36 ERA in four starts, allowing 21 runs in 11 innings, and general manager Rick Hahn told Scott Merkin of MLB.com that “it could be a couple weeks, it could be longer” for the left-hander to join the rotation.
Danks has insisted that he feels fine, but his velocity has not fully returned. Dylan Axelrod will take his place in the rotation and the 27-year-old right-hander has some solid numbers in the minors, although he struggled in 51 innings for the White Sox last season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17