Mar 28, 2013, 8:20 AM EST
For the past few days we’ve been previewing the 2013 season. Here, in handy one-stop-shopping form, is our package of previews from the American League Central.
It’s the Tigers’ world and everyone else is living in it. Of course we thought that last year too and Detroit didn’t truly wrest control of the AL Central until the last couple weeks of the season. This year, however, we feel like that won’t be a problem.
The White Sox were in the race all year in 2012, but with few offseason additions and aging sluggers, is there another season of contention left?
The Royals had the best spring training record of anyone, but does that and fifty cents get them anything more than a bag of chips?
The Twins: another year in the cellar seems unavoidable, but is there any hope at all?
Below are our team-by-team previews for the AL Central as well as our HBT Extra feature on the division. Enjoy.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)