Mar 28, 2013, 8:20 AM EDT
For the past few days we’ve been previewing the 2013 season. Here, in handy one-stop-shopping form, is our package of previews from the American League Central.
It’s the Tigers’ world and everyone else is living in it. Of course we thought that last year too and Detroit didn’t truly wrest control of the AL Central until the last couple weeks of the season. This year, however, we feel like that won’t be a problem.
The White Sox were in the race all year in 2012, but with few offseason additions and aging sluggers, is there another season of contention left?
The Royals had the best spring training record of anyone, but does that and fifty cents get them anything more than a bag of chips?
The Twins: another year in the cellar seems unavoidable, but is there any hope at all?
Below are our team-by-team previews for the AL Central as well as our HBT Extra feature on the division. Enjoy.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)