Mar 28, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
For the past few days we’ve been previewing the 2013 season. Here, in handy one-stop-shopping form, is our package of previews from the National League Central.
The Reds got amazing consistency from their starting pitching and won 97 games. With a revamped outfield, can they maintain that pace?
The Cardinals lost Chris Carpenter and Rafael Furcal. But they have the best farm system in the game and an annoying ability to always, you know, be good. But good enough?
The Pirates haven’t finished over .500 since before a lot of you reading this were born. Is this the year they finally break through?
The Brewers had a frustrating 2012 and a quiet offseason. Is there any reason to expect a bounceback year?
The Cubs have Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer leading a rebuild. How soon can fans in Chicago expect their moves to pay some dividends in the standings?
Below are our team-by-team previews for the NL Central as well as our HBT Extra feature on the division. Enjoy.
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (112)