Bobby Valentine will work 12-15 Mets games for SNY

Mar 28, 2013, 11:51 AM EST

bobby valentine mets hat

Sportnet New York announced that former Red Sox and Mets manager Bobby Valentine will join their studio team for 12-15 Mets games this season, beginning with Opening Day.

He’ll be part of SNY’s pregame and postgame coverage, which is in addition to his new job as Sacred Heart University’s athletic director and work on NBC Sports Radio.

I guess that makes him a co-worker, although I’ve yet to see him around the office. I’ve yet to see anyone around my office, though, now that I think about it.

1. 18thstreet - Mar 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM

What did Mets fans do to deserve this? Provide your answers in the space below.

• Old Gator - Mar 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

They rooted for the Mutts, knowing all along exactly what it was they were doing.

• stlouis1baseball - Mar 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Thanks for those incredibly insightful posts in the other article 18th.
      I thought perhaps you have grown up a bit as a result of us not having the back and forth as much during the past year. But alas…they reminded that you are very much still a drama loving tool.

2. chacochicken - Mar 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I think they should wheel him into the studio decked out like Hannibal Lector, mask and all. His CBS fantasy sports commercial is pretty funny though.

• Old Gator - Mar 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I second that (raises hand)!

3. abudanroman - Mar 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM

A lot of Met fans love Bobby V (won’t say most…). He’s entertaining, I look forward to seeing him on the air.

• Old Gator - Mar 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM

And as Chacochicken implied above, a lot of fans love Hannibal Lecter too (depending upon which Harris novel you derive the spelling of ‘Lecter’ from – I always thought the “o” spelling was too much like a comic book villain).

(And note: no more stupid fava bean jokes, please.)

4. kjericho43 - Mar 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I don’t care if he’s a “good baseball man.” He’s an attention whore that should go away for a while. Poor Bobby Ojeda.

• Old Gator - Mar 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yeah, he can’t even flip Valentine off without looking silly.

5. thebadguyswon - Mar 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Indeed, most Mets fans do love BV. I’m glad he’s on board. Another fine addition to the best broadcast and studio team in MLB.

6. kranepool - Mar 28, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Oh this is going to be a scream. Can you imagine the post game show after the Mets drop their 7th game in a row and a smirking Bobby V comes on the screen to break down another Mets loss. Talk about Must See TV

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5291)