Mar 28, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
Six weeks after being diagnosed with a strained intercostal muscle and one month after he was said to be “7-10 days” from returning Daniel Murphy finally made his spring training debut today.
He went 1-for-3, played five innings defensively at second base, and reported no problems, telling Jorge Castillo of the Newark Star Ledger that he expects to be in the Opening Day lineup despite seeing only a handful of spring at-bats.
He’ll have to avoid a setback in the Mets’ final two games and it sounds like Murphy was still moving around a little bit gingerly this afternoon, but for now he’s ready to go.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)