Mar 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
*This is the headline I’d use for this if I wrote for the New York Post or Daily News. I don’t, though, so assume I’m saying this ironically.
In reality this is just a story in Forbes about how Derek Jeter has gone through a lot of effort in order to establish his residence as Florida instead of New York so that he can avoid New York taxes. As Forbes reports, he’s likely done it, selling his palatial New York condo and moving in to this stately Tamps manse.
Let’s do a thought experiment: this same story happens, but it’s A-Rod. Any doubt at all that Lupica and that crowd accuses him of being a tax evader? Can any of them resist calling him a modern-day Al Capone, hung up by taxes even though his greater crimes involve murder er–, I mean steroids?
(thanks to Jeff G. for the heads up)
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)