Mar 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
*This is the headline I’d use for this if I wrote for the New York Post or Daily News. I don’t, though, so assume I’m saying this ironically.
In reality this is just a story in Forbes about how Derek Jeter has gone through a lot of effort in order to establish his residence as Florida instead of New York so that he can avoid New York taxes. As Forbes reports, he’s likely done it, selling his palatial New York condo and moving in to this stately Tamps manse.
Let’s do a thought experiment: this same story happens, but it’s A-Rod. Any doubt at all that Lupica and that crowd accuses him of being a tax evader? Can any of them resist calling him a modern-day Al Capone, hung up by taxes even though his greater crimes involve murder er–, I mean steroids?
(thanks to Jeff G. for the heads up)
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (152)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)