Mar 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
*This is the headline I’d use for this if I wrote for the New York Post or Daily News. I don’t, though, so assume I’m saying this ironically.
In reality this is just a story in Forbes about how Derek Jeter has gone through a lot of effort in order to establish his residence as Florida instead of New York so that he can avoid New York taxes. As Forbes reports, he’s likely done it, selling his palatial New York condo and moving in to this stately Tamps manse.
Let’s do a thought experiment: this same story happens, but it’s A-Rod. Any doubt at all that Lupica and that crowd accuses him of being a tax evader? Can any of them resist calling him a modern-day Al Capone, hung up by taxes even though his greater crimes involve murder er–, I mean steroids?
(thanks to Jeff G. for the heads up)
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)