Mar 28, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
After leading the Giants to World Series titles in two out of the past three seasons, general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy have quite a bit of job security.
The Giants announced this evening that they have extended the contracts of Sabean and Bochy through 2016. They already had their 2014 options picked up back in December, but extension discussions were expected to take place this spring.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since the end of 1996 and will have 20 seasons on the job by the end of this new deal. He’s already the longest-tenured general manager in MLB. Bochy owns a 503-469 (.517) record since taking over as Giants’ skipper prior to the 2007 season.
You can watch a live stream of a press conference with Sabean and Bochy on CSNBayArea.com.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)