Mar 28, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
After leading the Giants to World Series titles in two out of the past three seasons, general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy have quite a bit of job security.
The Giants announced this evening that they have extended the contracts of Sabean and Bochy through 2016. They already had their 2014 options picked up back in December, but extension discussions were expected to take place this spring.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since the end of 1996 and will have 20 seasons on the job by the end of this new deal. He’s already the longest-tenured general manager in MLB. Bochy owns a 503-469 (.517) record since taking over as Giants’ skipper prior to the 2007 season.
You can watch a live stream of a press conference with Sabean and Bochy on CSNBayArea.com.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 78
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47