Mar 28, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
After leading the Giants to World Series titles in two out of the past three seasons, general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy have quite a bit of job security.
The Giants announced this evening that they have extended the contracts of Sabean and Bochy through 2016. They already had their 2014 options picked up back in December, but extension discussions were expected to take place this spring.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since the end of 1996 and will have 20 seasons on the job by the end of this new deal. He’s already the longest-tenured general manager in MLB. Bochy owns a 503-469 (.517) record since taking over as Giants’ skipper prior to the 2007 season.
You can watch a live stream of a press conference with Sabean and Bochy on CSNBayArea.com.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 33
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 28
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 39
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)