Mar 28, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
After leading the Giants to World Series titles in two out of the past three seasons, general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy have quite a bit of job security.
The Giants announced this evening that they have extended the contracts of Sabean and Bochy through 2016. They already had their 2014 options picked up back in December, but extension discussions were expected to take place this spring.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since the end of 1996 and will have 20 seasons on the job by the end of this new deal. He’s already the longest-tenured general manager in MLB. Bochy owns a 503-469 (.517) record since taking over as Giants’ skipper prior to the 2007 season.
You can watch a live stream of a press conference with Sabean and Bochy on CSNBayArea.com.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)