Mar 28, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
After leading the Giants to World Series titles in two out of the past three seasons, general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy have quite a bit of job security.
The Giants announced this evening that they have extended the contracts of Sabean and Bochy through 2016. They already had their 2014 options picked up back in December, but extension discussions were expected to take place this spring.
Sabean has been the Giants’ general manager since the end of 1996 and will have 20 seasons on the job by the end of this new deal. He’s already the longest-tenured general manager in MLB. Bochy owns a 503-469 (.517) record since taking over as Giants’ skipper prior to the 2007 season.
You can watch a live stream of a press conference with Sabean and Bochy on CSNBayArea.com.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)