Mar 28, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Forsythe has previously played through the foot injury, but he’ll be shut down completely and wear a walking boot for three weeks.
San Diego’s infield is in such rough shape that the Opening Day third baseman may be Cody Ransom, a 37-year-old journeyman who got more than 100 plate appearances in a big-league season for the first time last year. Prospect Jedd Gyorko is another option, but he may be needed at second base.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)