Mar 28, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Forsythe has previously played through the foot injury, but he’ll be shut down completely and wear a walking boot for three weeks.
San Diego’s infield is in such rough shape that the Opening Day third baseman may be Cody Ransom, a 37-year-old journeyman who got more than 100 plate appearances in a big-league season for the first time last year. Prospect Jedd Gyorko is another option, but he may be needed at second base.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)