Mar 28, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Logan Morrison has missed all of spring training as he recovers from knee surgery, but the Marlins first baseman is scheduled to take a big step in his comeback when he starts throwing, fielding, and running next week.
Morrison told Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald that he’s hoping to come off the disabled list by mid-May and described himself as “frustrated” by having to sit out so much action.
Casey Kotchman has made the Marlins after signing a minor-league contract and will open the season as the starting first baseman. It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Kotchman fares well, because while Morrison has played quite a bit of left field in the past the Marlins probably wouldn’t want him in the outfield post-knee surgery and Kotchman can only play first base.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)