Mar 28, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Logan Morrison has missed all of spring training as he recovers from knee surgery, but the Marlins first baseman is scheduled to take a big step in his comeback when he starts throwing, fielding, and running next week.
Morrison told Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald that he’s hoping to come off the disabled list by mid-May and described himself as “frustrated” by having to sit out so much action.
Casey Kotchman has made the Marlins after signing a minor-league contract and will open the season as the starting first baseman. It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Kotchman fares well, because while Morrison has played quite a bit of left field in the past the Marlins probably wouldn’t want him in the outfield post-knee surgery and Kotchman can only play first base.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)