Mar 28, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
Here’s pitcher Garret Richards talking to Scott Miller of CBS Sports.com about Mike Trout and Domino’s:
“He loves chicken wings,” Richards says. “He’s a Domino’s fan. That’s not just in one place, either. He’ll find a Domino’s wherever we’re at.
“He’ll eat 24 wings in about 10 minutes.”
The only worse thing than eating that many wings in that short a period is them being Domino’s wings. Eww.
In other news, that stuff about Mike Trout being fat that floated around this spring was a lot of hooey — I saw him up close and he’s not fat by any stretch of the imagination — but there’s no telling what’ll happen when he’s 30 if he keeps this stuff up.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)