More Giants merchandise has been sold than any other team’s this offseason, Buster Posey the top-selling jersey
Mar 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The website Fanatics.com keeps track of sports merch sales, and they just released the tally for this now, mercifully-concluding offseason:
Since the offseason began (October 30, 2012-TODAY), the reigning World Series champions San Francisco Giants have also won the off-season merchandise title. The Giants are currently the number one selling team since the off-season began, beating out the Yankees and Cardinals for the top spot. Buster Posey also ranks as the top-selling MLB player during that time as well.
The tally: 1) Giants; 2) Yankees; 3) Cardinals; 4) Red Sox; 5) Tigers. As far as individual jerseys go, Posey is on top followed by Derek Jeter, Miguel Cabrera, Bryce Harper and Mike Trout. If you measure only since the beginning of March, Josh Hamilton slips in at number three, Chase Utley at number four, Cabrera is pushed down to five and Harper and Trout fall off the list.
So take that, basement-dwellers. Cabrera beats Trout. Again.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 10
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 37
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)