More Giants merchandise has been sold than any other team’s this offseason, Buster Posey the top-selling jersey
Mar 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The website Fanatics.com keeps track of sports merch sales, and they just released the tally for this now, mercifully-concluding offseason:
Since the offseason began (October 30, 2012-TODAY), the reigning World Series champions San Francisco Giants have also won the off-season merchandise title. The Giants are currently the number one selling team since the off-season began, beating out the Yankees and Cardinals for the top spot. Buster Posey also ranks as the top-selling MLB player during that time as well.
The tally: 1) Giants; 2) Yankees; 3) Cardinals; 4) Red Sox; 5) Tigers. As far as individual jerseys go, Posey is on top followed by Derek Jeter, Miguel Cabrera, Bryce Harper and Mike Trout. If you measure only since the beginning of March, Josh Hamilton slips in at number three, Chase Utley at number four, Cabrera is pushed down to five and Harper and Trout fall off the list.
So take that, basement-dwellers. Cabrera beats Trout. Again.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)