More Giants merchandise has been sold than any other team’s this offseason, Buster Posey the top-selling jersey
Mar 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The website Fanatics.com keeps track of sports merch sales, and they just released the tally for this now, mercifully-concluding offseason:
Since the offseason began (October 30, 2012-TODAY), the reigning World Series champions San Francisco Giants have also won the off-season merchandise title. The Giants are currently the number one selling team since the off-season began, beating out the Yankees and Cardinals for the top spot. Buster Posey also ranks as the top-selling MLB player during that time as well.
The tally: 1) Giants; 2) Yankees; 3) Cardinals; 4) Red Sox; 5) Tigers. As far as individual jerseys go, Posey is on top followed by Derek Jeter, Miguel Cabrera, Bryce Harper and Mike Trout. If you measure only since the beginning of March, Josh Hamilton slips in at number three, Chase Utley at number four, Cabrera is pushed down to five and Harper and Trout fall off the list.
So take that, basement-dwellers. Cabrera beats Trout. Again.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)