More Giants merchandise has been sold than any other team’s this offseason, Buster Posey the top-selling jersey
Mar 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
The website Fanatics.com keeps track of sports merch sales, and they just released the tally for this now, mercifully-concluding offseason:
Since the offseason began (October 30, 2012-TODAY), the reigning World Series champions San Francisco Giants have also won the off-season merchandise title. The Giants are currently the number one selling team since the off-season began, beating out the Yankees and Cardinals for the top spot. Buster Posey also ranks as the top-selling MLB player during that time as well.
The tally: 1) Giants; 2) Yankees; 3) Cardinals; 4) Red Sox; 5) Tigers. As far as individual jerseys go, Posey is on top followed by Derek Jeter, Miguel Cabrera, Bryce Harper and Mike Trout. If you measure only since the beginning of March, Josh Hamilton slips in at number three, Chase Utley at number four, Cabrera is pushed down to five and Harper and Trout fall off the list.
So take that, basement-dwellers. Cabrera beats Trout. Again.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)