Mar 28, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Arenado was in the mix for the starting job in camp and hit well, but at age 22 and with zero experience above Double-A it makes sense for the Rockies to be patient with him.
Arenado hit .285 with 12 homers and a .766 OPS in 134 games at Double-A last season, which is more impressive than it looks from a 21-year-old and got him the 52nd spot on Baseball America‘s top prospects list.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)