Mar 29, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
For the past few days we’ve been previewing the 2013 season. Here, in handy one-stop-shopping form, is our package of previews from the National League East.
The Washington Nationals; 2012 season ended with a fall-from-ahead playoff loss, but let’s not forget that they won more games than anyone last year and seem loaded for bear once again. Are they the best team in baseball right now?
The Braves got the Upton brothers but they lost Chipper Jones and Martin Prado. Does that translate to the playoffs once again?
The squad the Phillies assembled a couple of years ago seemed like it’d be poised to compete for a good long while. But last year injury and age caught up with them. Was that a bump in the road or the beginning of the end of the Halladay-Lee-Hamels-Howard-Utley-Rollins core?
The Mets are coming out of years of financial misery. How long until their on-the-field fortunes turn as well?
The Marlins introduced a whole new look in 2012 then, in gutting payroll and trading away half the roster, they reverted to old form rather abruptly. What, if anything, is worth watching in Miami?
Below are our team-by-team previews for the NL East as well as our HBT Extra feature on the division. Enjoy.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)