Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Don’t get too comfortable, kid. On Twitter, Corey Brock says manager Bud Black will be using the rookie at both second and third base depending on the handedness of the opposing pitcher: at second base with a lefty on the hill, and at third base against a right-hander.
With injuries to Logan Forsythe and Chase Headley, the 24-year-old Gyorko is looking at a significant amount of playing time. Over the last two seasons in the Minors, Gyorko has slugged 55 home runs and driven in 214 runs with an OPS well above .900.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)