Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Don’t get too comfortable, kid. On Twitter, Corey Brock says manager Bud Black will be using the rookie at both second and third base depending on the handedness of the opposing pitcher: at second base with a lefty on the hill, and at third base against a right-hander.
With injuries to Logan Forsythe and Chase Headley, the 24-year-old Gyorko is looking at a significant amount of playing time. Over the last two seasons in the Minors, Gyorko has slugged 55 home runs and driven in 214 runs with an OPS well above .900.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)