Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Don’t get too comfortable, kid. On Twitter, Corey Brock says manager Bud Black will be using the rookie at both second and third base depending on the handedness of the opposing pitcher: at second base with a lefty on the hill, and at third base against a right-hander.
With injuries to Logan Forsythe and Chase Headley, the 24-year-old Gyorko is looking at a significant amount of playing time. Over the last two seasons in the Minors, Gyorko has slugged 55 home runs and driven in 214 runs with an OPS well above .900.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 26
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)