Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Don’t get too comfortable, kid. On Twitter, Corey Brock says manager Bud Black will be using the rookie at both second and third base depending on the handedness of the opposing pitcher: at second base with a lefty on the hill, and at third base against a right-hander.
With injuries to Logan Forsythe and Chase Headley, the 24-year-old Gyorko is looking at a significant amount of playing time. Over the last two seasons in the Minors, Gyorko has slugged 55 home runs and driven in 214 runs with an OPS well above .900.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 63
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)