Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Don’t get too comfortable, kid. On Twitter, Corey Brock says manager Bud Black will be using the rookie at both second and third base depending on the handedness of the opposing pitcher: at second base with a lefty on the hill, and at third base against a right-hander.
With injuries to Logan Forsythe and Chase Headley, the 24-year-old Gyorko is looking at a significant amount of playing time. Over the last two seasons in the Minors, Gyorko has slugged 55 home runs and driven in 214 runs with an OPS well above .900.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)