Mar 29, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
2012 was his first full season in the bigs, and he showed he belonged, hitting .286/.359/.490 with 20 home runs, 82 RBI, 18 stolen bases and an .850 OPS. While he isn’t arbitration-eligible until after the 2014 season and while he is under team control though 2017, the Diamondbacks obviously wanted to leave nothing to chance with him.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17