Mar 29, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Giants have traded pitcher Scott Proctor to the Orioles for cash, reports Hank Schulman on Twitter. Proctor will report to Triple-A Norfolk.
Proctor posted a 4.15 ERA in 13 innings with the Giants this spring. He last pitched in the Majors in 2011, spending last season with the Doosan Bears of the Korean Baseball Organization. The right-hander had previously spent time with the Yankees, Dodgers, and Braves. Once thought to be a lights-out reliever in waiting, Proctor dealt with control issues that hampered his ability to find work in the Majors.
The Orioles just added Freddy Garcia and are now hoping they can strike lightning in a bottle with the 36-year-old Proctor.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (274)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)