Mar 29, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Giants have traded pitcher Scott Proctor to the Orioles for cash, reports Hank Schulman on Twitter. Proctor will report to Triple-A Norfolk.
Proctor posted a 4.15 ERA in 13 innings with the Giants this spring. He last pitched in the Majors in 2011, spending last season with the Doosan Bears of the Korean Baseball Organization. The right-hander had previously spent time with the Yankees, Dodgers, and Braves. Once thought to be a lights-out reliever in waiting, Proctor dealt with control issues that hampered his ability to find work in the Majors.
The Orioles just added Freddy Garcia and are now hoping they can strike lightning in a bottle with the 36-year-old Proctor.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 25
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 44
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)