Mar 29, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Giants have traded pitcher Scott Proctor to the Orioles for cash, reports Hank Schulman on Twitter. Proctor will report to Triple-A Norfolk.
Proctor posted a 4.15 ERA in 13 innings with the Giants this spring. He last pitched in the Majors in 2011, spending last season with the Doosan Bears of the Korean Baseball Organization. The right-hander had previously spent time with the Yankees, Dodgers, and Braves. Once thought to be a lights-out reliever in waiting, Proctor dealt with control issues that hampered his ability to find work in the Majors.
The Orioles just added Freddy Garcia and are now hoping they can strike lightning in a bottle with the 36-year-old Proctor.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12