Mar 29, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Giants have traded pitcher Scott Proctor to the Orioles for cash, reports Hank Schulman on Twitter. Proctor will report to Triple-A Norfolk.
Proctor posted a 4.15 ERA in 13 innings with the Giants this spring. He last pitched in the Majors in 2011, spending last season with the Doosan Bears of the Korean Baseball Organization. The right-hander had previously spent time with the Yankees, Dodgers, and Braves. Once thought to be a lights-out reliever in waiting, Proctor dealt with control issues that hampered his ability to find work in the Majors.
The Orioles just added Freddy Garcia and are now hoping they can strike lightning in a bottle with the 36-year-old Proctor.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)