Mar 29, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Giants have traded pitcher Scott Proctor to the Orioles for cash, reports Hank Schulman on Twitter. Proctor will report to Triple-A Norfolk.
Proctor posted a 4.15 ERA in 13 innings with the Giants this spring. He last pitched in the Majors in 2011, spending last season with the Doosan Bears of the Korean Baseball Organization. The right-hander had previously spent time with the Yankees, Dodgers, and Braves. Once thought to be a lights-out reliever in waiting, Proctor dealt with control issues that hampered his ability to find work in the Majors.
The Orioles just added Freddy Garcia and are now hoping they can strike lightning in a bottle with the 36-year-old Proctor.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)