Mar 29, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Former Dodgers Chief Executive Jamie McCourt is quietly offering her Westside estate at $65 million.
The Palladian-style villa, which is not in the Multiple Listing Service, was marketed as having 20,000 square feet of living space when she and ex-husband Frank McCourt bought the property in 2004 for about $25 million. Also on the 2.6-acre site then were two guesthouses, a tennis court and an outdoor swimming pool. She has since added a subterranean indoor pool.
This is all a nice reminder of the spectacular business sense the McCourts had. They nearly went broke running a baseball team, which is almost impossible to do, while purchasing multiple homes in the same city — including two adjacent homes in Malibu — as the real estate market was imploding.
Frank did OK because he was stubborn enough and lucky enough to finally be forced to unload the Dodgers just as MLB franchise values were skyrocketing. But I have this feeling Jamie is gonna do way worse on the real estate with which she walked away from the marriage.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)