Mar 29, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Former Dodgers Chief Executive Jamie McCourt is quietly offering her Westside estate at $65 million.
The Palladian-style villa, which is not in the Multiple Listing Service, was marketed as having 20,000 square feet of living space when she and ex-husband Frank McCourt bought the property in 2004 for about $25 million. Also on the 2.6-acre site then were two guesthouses, a tennis court and an outdoor swimming pool. She has since added a subterranean indoor pool.
This is all a nice reminder of the spectacular business sense the McCourts had. They nearly went broke running a baseball team, which is almost impossible to do, while purchasing multiple homes in the same city — including two adjacent homes in Malibu — as the real estate market was imploding.
Frank did OK because he was stubborn enough and lucky enough to finally be forced to unload the Dodgers just as MLB franchise values were skyrocketing. But I have this feeling Jamie is gonna do way worse on the real estate with which she walked away from the marriage.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)