Mar 29, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Former Dodgers Chief Executive Jamie McCourt is quietly offering her Westside estate at $65 million.
The Palladian-style villa, which is not in the Multiple Listing Service, was marketed as having 20,000 square feet of living space when she and ex-husband Frank McCourt bought the property in 2004 for about $25 million. Also on the 2.6-acre site then were two guesthouses, a tennis court and an outdoor swimming pool. She has since added a subterranean indoor pool.
This is all a nice reminder of the spectacular business sense the McCourts had. They nearly went broke running a baseball team, which is almost impossible to do, while purchasing multiple homes in the same city — including two adjacent homes in Malibu — as the real estate market was imploding.
Frank did OK because he was stubborn enough and lucky enough to finally be forced to unload the Dodgers just as MLB franchise values were skyrocketing. But I have this feeling Jamie is gonna do way worse on the real estate with which she walked away from the marriage.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 28
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 172
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)