Mar 29, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Former Dodgers Chief Executive Jamie McCourt is quietly offering her Westside estate at $65 million.
The Palladian-style villa, which is not in the Multiple Listing Service, was marketed as having 20,000 square feet of living space when she and ex-husband Frank McCourt bought the property in 2004 for about $25 million. Also on the 2.6-acre site then were two guesthouses, a tennis court and an outdoor swimming pool. She has since added a subterranean indoor pool.
This is all a nice reminder of the spectacular business sense the McCourts had. They nearly went broke running a baseball team, which is almost impossible to do, while purchasing multiple homes in the same city — including two adjacent homes in Malibu — as the real estate market was imploding.
Frank did OK because he was stubborn enough and lucky enough to finally be forced to unload the Dodgers just as MLB franchise values were skyrocketing. But I have this feeling Jamie is gonna do way worse on the real estate with which she walked away from the marriage.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)