Mar 30, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
Jonny Venters, dealing with a sore left elbow, will see Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday. Though it’s never a good sign when your pitcher has to stop by Andrews’ office, the Braves aren’t worried yet. Via David O’Brien:
The Braves are cautiously optimistic about their lefty setup man, but didn’t want to speculate much about the injury.
“It seems like a sprain of some sort, or strain,” Braves general manager Frank Wren said. “We’ll let Jim Andrews tell us what his findings are once he sees him. Until Jim sees him, we just won’t know.”
Over the last three seasons, Venters has established himself as one of the best lefty relievers in the game, posting an aggregate 2.23 ERA in 230 innings. Though losing Venters hurts, the Braves still have two other lefties in the bullpen in Eric O’Flaherty and Luis Avilan.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)