Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
Pablo Sandoval was back in the Giants’ starting lineup last night for the first time since March 16, but he didn’t last long.
According to Daniel Brown of the San Jose Mercury News, Sandoval went 0-for-2 as the DH before he was pulled due to more soreness in his right elbow. He has been dealing with a bone spur and an irritated ulnar nerve in the very same elbow for the past two weeks, so the Giants didn’t want to push him any further.
“He said there was a little discomfort, so we shut him down,” Bochy said.
Sandoval has previously expressed confidence that he would be ready for Opening Day against the Dodgers on Monday, but he said after last night’s game that he’s now going to take things day by day. If Sandoval isn’t available for the early part of the season, the Giants are expected to go with Joaquin Arias at third base.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)