Mar 30, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Pablo Sandoval was back in the Giants’ starting lineup last night for the first time since March 16, but he didn’t last long.
According to Daniel Brown of the San Jose Mercury News, Sandoval went 0-for-2 as the DH before he was pulled due to more soreness in his right elbow. He has been dealing with a bone spur and an irritated ulnar nerve in the very same elbow for the past two weeks, so the Giants didn’t want to push him any further.
“He said there was a little discomfort, so we shut him down,” Bochy said.
Sandoval has previously expressed confidence that he would be ready for Opening Day against the Dodgers on Monday, but he said after last night’s game that he’s now going to take things day by day. If Sandoval isn’t available for the early part of the season, the Giants are expected to go with Joaquin Arias at third base.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)