Mar 30, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
The Pirates dropped the final game of spring training to the Altoona Curve, their Double-A affiliate, 8-6. Starter James McDonald allowed four runs over two innings. Nathan Baker also allowed four runs in two-thirds of an inning of relief. Overall, Pirates pitchers walked a staggering 11 batters and allowed nine hits, eight of which were singles.
It’s a disappointing way to wrap up spring training for the Buccos, but hey, spring training results don’t matter and the game doesn’t count.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 322
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (320)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)