Mar 30, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
The Pirates dropped the final game of spring training to the Altoona Curve, their Double-A affiliate, 8-6. Starter James McDonald allowed four runs over two innings. Nathan Baker also allowed four runs in two-thirds of an inning of relief. Overall, Pirates pitchers walked a staggering 11 batters and allowed nine hits, eight of which were singles.
It’s a disappointing way to wrap up spring training for the Buccos, but hey, spring training results don’t matter and the game doesn’t count.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)