Mar 30, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
The Pirates dropped the final game of spring training to the Altoona Curve, their Double-A affiliate, 8-6. Starter James McDonald allowed four runs over two innings. Nathan Baker also allowed four runs in two-thirds of an inning of relief. Overall, Pirates pitchers walked a staggering 11 batters and allowed nine hits, eight of which were singles.
It’s a disappointing way to wrap up spring training for the Buccos, but hey, spring training results don’t matter and the game doesn’t count.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)