Mar 30, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
The Pirates dropped the final game of spring training to the Altoona Curve, their Double-A affiliate, 8-6. Starter James McDonald allowed four runs over two innings. Nathan Baker also allowed four runs in two-thirds of an inning of relief. Overall, Pirates pitchers walked a staggering 11 batters and allowed nine hits, eight of which were singles.
It’s a disappointing way to wrap up spring training for the Buccos, but hey, spring training results don’t matter and the game doesn’t count.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)