Mar 30, 2013, 6:20 PM EST
The Pirates dropped the final game of spring training to the Altoona Curve, their Double-A affiliate, 8-6. Starter James McDonald allowed four runs over two innings. Nathan Baker also allowed four runs in two-thirds of an inning of relief. Overall, Pirates pitchers walked a staggering 11 batters and allowed nine hits, eight of which were singles.
It’s a disappointing way to wrap up spring training for the Buccos, but hey, spring training results don’t matter and the game doesn’t count.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)