Mar 30, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
I watched it as it happened last night, and I still can’t believe my eyes. Three things are wonderful about the video below: 1) Cole Hamels has a glorious mustache; 2) Hamels and Cliff Lee are teaming up for some fan entertainment; and 3) that entertainment involves shooting hot dogs out of a pneumatic cannon.
Hamels had grown a perfectly-manicured beard which he maintained throughout spring training in Clearwater, but kept only the mustache as the team traveled north to Philadelphia to prepare for the regular season.
Click the picture below to check out the video.
Talking to the media about his decision to get involved with Hamels in the hot dog bonanza, Lee said, “I wanted to get close to that action, see what it was all about. Help Cole launch some hot dogs in the stands, it was pretty neat.” Lee then called Hamels’ mustache “a big-league mustache”.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 41
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)