Mar 30, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
I watched it as it happened last night, and I still can’t believe my eyes. Three things are wonderful about the video below: 1) Cole Hamels has a glorious mustache; 2) Hamels and Cliff Lee are teaming up for some fan entertainment; and 3) that entertainment involves shooting hot dogs out of a pneumatic cannon.
Hamels had grown a perfectly-manicured beard which he maintained throughout spring training in Clearwater, but kept only the mustache as the team traveled north to Philadelphia to prepare for the regular season.
Click the picture below to check out the video.
Talking to the media about his decision to get involved with Hamels in the hot dog bonanza, Lee said, “I wanted to get close to that action, see what it was all about. Help Cole launch some hot dogs in the stands, it was pretty neat.” Lee then called Hamels’ mustache “a big-league mustache”.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)