Mar 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
The Brewers signed right-hander Kyle Lohse less than one week ago. But he’s ready to rock and roll.
According to MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy, Lohse is scheduled to make his Brewers debut on Friday night against the Diamondbacks. He made just one Cactus League start, allowing one earned run over 3 2/3 innings last Thursday against the Rockies.
Lohse is not scheduled to pitch during the Brewers’ early-season series (April 12-14) against his former team, the Cardinals. But he is certain to face the club at some point over the next few summers.
The 34-year-old got a three-year, $33 million free agent contract from Milwaukee.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)