Mar 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
The Brewers signed right-hander Kyle Lohse less than one week ago. But he’s ready to rock and roll.
According to MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy, Lohse is scheduled to make his Brewers debut on Friday night against the Diamondbacks. He made just one Cactus League start, allowing one earned run over 3 2/3 innings last Thursday against the Rockies.
Lohse is not scheduled to pitch during the Brewers’ early-season series (April 12-14) against his former team, the Cardinals. But he is certain to face the club at some point over the next few summers.
The 34-year-old got a three-year, $33 million free agent contract from Milwaukee.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 30
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)