Mar 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
The Brewers signed right-hander Kyle Lohse less than one week ago. But he’s ready to rock and roll.
According to MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy, Lohse is scheduled to make his Brewers debut on Friday night against the Diamondbacks. He made just one Cactus League start, allowing one earned run over 3 2/3 innings last Thursday against the Rockies.
Lohse is not scheduled to pitch during the Brewers’ early-season series (April 12-14) against his former team, the Cardinals. But he is certain to face the club at some point over the next few summers.
The 34-year-old got a three-year, $33 million free agent contract from Milwaukee.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)