Mar 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
The Brewers signed right-hander Kyle Lohse less than one week ago. But he’s ready to rock and roll.
According to MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy, Lohse is scheduled to make his Brewers debut on Friday night against the Diamondbacks. He made just one Cactus League start, allowing one earned run over 3 2/3 innings last Thursday against the Rockies.
Lohse is not scheduled to pitch during the Brewers’ early-season series (April 12-14) against his former team, the Cardinals. But he is certain to face the club at some point over the next few summers.
The 34-year-old got a three-year, $33 million free agent contract from Milwaukee.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)