Mar 31, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
The Brewers signed right-hander Kyle Lohse less than one week ago. But he’s ready to rock and roll.
According to MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy, Lohse is scheduled to make his Brewers debut on Friday night against the Diamondbacks. He made just one Cactus League start, allowing one earned run over 3 2/3 innings last Thursday against the Rockies.
Lohse is not scheduled to pitch during the Brewers’ early-season series (April 12-14) against his former team, the Cardinals. But he is certain to face the club at some point over the next few summers.
The 34-year-old got a three-year, $33 million free agent contract from Milwaukee.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20