Mar 31, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Logan Morrison‘s recovery from September knee surgery continues to move slower than expected.
He was hoping to be ready for the start of spring training, then shifted that hope to Opening Day. But the young first baseman was placed on the 60-day disabled list Sunday morning and won’t be eligible to return to the Marlins’ active roster until May 31.
Morrison is being limited right now to low intensity, anti-gravity treadmill running. He’s aiming to begin running on real grass at some point this week.
The Marlins will start Casey Kotchman at first base for at least the first two months of the 2013 season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)