Mar 31, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Logan Morrison‘s recovery from September knee surgery continues to move slower than expected.
He was hoping to be ready for the start of spring training, then shifted that hope to Opening Day. But the young first baseman was placed on the 60-day disabled list Sunday morning and won’t be eligible to return to the Marlins’ active roster until May 31.
Morrison is being limited right now to low intensity, anti-gravity treadmill running. He’s aiming to begin running on real grass at some point this week.
The Marlins will start Casey Kotchman at first base for at least the first two months of the 2013 season.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)