Mar 31, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Logan Morrison‘s recovery from September knee surgery continues to move slower than expected.
He was hoping to be ready for the start of spring training, then shifted that hope to Opening Day. But the young first baseman was placed on the 60-day disabled list Sunday morning and won’t be eligible to return to the Marlins’ active roster until May 31.
Morrison is being limited right now to low intensity, anti-gravity treadmill running. He’s aiming to begin running on real grass at some point this week.
The Marlins will start Casey Kotchman at first base for at least the first two months of the 2013 season.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)