Mar 31, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Logan Morrison‘s recovery from September knee surgery continues to move slower than expected.
He was hoping to be ready for the start of spring training, then shifted that hope to Opening Day. But the young first baseman was placed on the 60-day disabled list Sunday morning and won’t be eligible to return to the Marlins’ active roster until May 31.
Morrison is being limited right now to low intensity, anti-gravity treadmill running. He’s aiming to begin running on real grass at some point this week.
The Marlins will start Casey Kotchman at first base for at least the first two months of the 2013 season.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)