Marlins place Logan Morrison on 60-day disabled list

Mar 31, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT

logan morrison getty Getty Images

Logan Morrison‘s recovery from September knee surgery continues to move slower than expected.

He was hoping to be ready for the start of spring training, then shifted that hope to Opening Day. But the young first baseman was placed on the 60-day disabled list Sunday morning and won’t be eligible to return to the Marlins’ active roster until May 31.

Morrison is being limited right now to low intensity, anti-gravity treadmill running. He’s aiming to begin running on real grass at some point this week.

The Marlins will start Casey Kotchman at first base for at least the first two months of the 2013 season.

1. proudlycanadian - Mar 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Lo Mo is still Slow Mo!

2. gloccamorra - Mar 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I see a promising career slowly slipping away…

• Old Gator - Mar 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM

You’re a bit behind the curve. His career slipped into a protracted vegetal state two years ago. Scrooge McLoria has been playing respirator ever since. Only he knows why.

3. proudlycanadian - Mar 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I am currently watching game 6 of the 1993 World Series. Do not tell me how it ends. Keep it a secret.

• proudlycanadian - Mar 31, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I was watching a good game that featured a couple of Hall of Fame types. Rickey Henderson scored the tying run in the bottom of the 9th and Paul Molitor then scored the winning run.

• Old Phaithful - Mar 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

As a Phillies fan, I’m cringing, yet I still gave you two thumbs up. Good for you ~ have fun! There are worse ways to spend your time. And, besides, I always give you thumbs up because I like your commentary and am usually too lazy or too drunk to sign in (with the latter, it’s a blessing really ~ I kind of sound like ‘cepts when I’m in my cups ~ yikes!).

In any event, that was a great series. Still cringing…

• proudlycanadian - Mar 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Thank you. The Jays and the Phillies have a strong relationship based on trust between the management of the 2 teams. Carter and Williams have become friends with each other.

• Old Phaithful - Mar 31, 2013 at 7:27 PM

You can’t hate on Mitchie-Poo for too long ~ I loved the documentary where it showed those two making up. And, yes, the Jays and Phillies do have a great relationship. I like the Jays a lot, but I’m worried about this year.

On the one hand, I want the Jays to go all the way and I think they will. And, I do think the Phils are being under-rated and maybe, just maybe, we’ll make the post season. But, dang-namit, there are no guarantees and my fear is that the Jays win the World Series (really plausible) and Doc misses out. He deserves a ring. He needs a ring. Someone, anyone, just get that man a ring!

• proudlycanadian - Mar 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM

If the Jays win, the Jays could send Doc a replica ring for past services rendered.

4. shanabartels - Mar 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

The Marlins shelled out money for an anti-gravity treadmill? I’m shocked.

• historiophiliac - Mar 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I’d bet my Easter basket it’s used. Excuse me: antique.

• Old Gator - Mar 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM

They probably got it through one of those free scooter or wheelchair ads on one of the infomercial channels.

• mrwillie - Mar 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

It’s rented. They are holding out that the local high school science fair will be able to yield a usable version of flubber.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5346)