Mar 31, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
MASN’s Steve Melewski describes the tightness Dylan Bundy is feeling in his right elbow as “mild”.
Melewski also added that Dan Duquette expects the issue to resolve in a couple days, but is resting Bundy until then.
Bundy made his Major League debut at the age of 19 at the end of September last year, throwing 1.2 scoreless innings. He enters the 2013 season as the #2 overall prospect as rated by both Baseball America and MLB.com. He will start the year with Double-A Bowie, but is expected to be brought up to the Majors at some point this season, likely after the Super Two deadline which should occur some time in July — it varies from season to season and the new collective bargaining agreement pushed the Super Two threshold from 17 percent to 22 percent.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)