Mar 31, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
MASN’s Steve Melewski describes the tightness Dylan Bundy is feeling in his right elbow as “mild”.
Melewski also added that Dan Duquette expects the issue to resolve in a couple days, but is resting Bundy until then.
Bundy made his Major League debut at the age of 19 at the end of September last year, throwing 1.2 scoreless innings. He enters the 2013 season as the #2 overall prospect as rated by both Baseball America and MLB.com. He will start the year with Double-A Bowie, but is expected to be brought up to the Majors at some point this season, likely after the Super Two deadline which should occur some time in July — it varies from season to season and the new collective bargaining agreement pushed the Super Two threshold from 17 percent to 22 percent.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 17
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 110
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (112)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)