Mar 31, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
MASN’s Steve Melewski describes the tightness Dylan Bundy is feeling in his right elbow as “mild”.
Melewski also added that Dan Duquette expects the issue to resolve in a couple days, but is resting Bundy until then.
Bundy made his Major League debut at the age of 19 at the end of September last year, throwing 1.2 scoreless innings. He enters the 2013 season as the #2 overall prospect as rated by both Baseball America and MLB.com. He will start the year with Double-A Bowie, but is expected to be brought up to the Majors at some point this season, likely after the Super Two deadline which should occur some time in July — it varies from season to season and the new collective bargaining agreement pushed the Super Two threshold from 17 percent to 22 percent.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 36
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 68
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 118
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (118)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)