Mar 31, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
MASN’s Steve Melewski describes the tightness Dylan Bundy is feeling in his right elbow as “mild”.
Melewski also added that Dan Duquette expects the issue to resolve in a couple days, but is resting Bundy until then.
Bundy made his Major League debut at the age of 19 at the end of September last year, throwing 1.2 scoreless innings. He enters the 2013 season as the #2 overall prospect as rated by both Baseball America and MLB.com. He will start the year with Double-A Bowie, but is expected to be brought up to the Majors at some point this season, likely after the Super Two deadline which should occur some time in July — it varies from season to season and the new collective bargaining agreement pushed the Super Two threshold from 17 percent to 22 percent.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (205)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)