Mar 31, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
MASN’s Steve Melewski describes the tightness Dylan Bundy is feeling in his right elbow as “mild”.
Melewski also added that Dan Duquette expects the issue to resolve in a couple days, but is resting Bundy until then.
Bundy made his Major League debut at the age of 19 at the end of September last year, throwing 1.2 scoreless innings. He enters the 2013 season as the #2 overall prospect as rated by both Baseball America and MLB.com. He will start the year with Double-A Bowie, but is expected to be brought up to the Majors at some point this season, likely after the Super Two deadline which should occur some time in July — it varies from season to season and the new collective bargaining agreement pushed the Super Two threshold from 17 percent to 22 percent.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11