Mar 31, 2013, 6:55 PM EDT
But his reputation as a bad guy in the clubhouse, coupled with his downward-trending performance, have kept teams away. “You’ve got to be up for what he brings,” said an NL GM. “Not saying the guy hasn’t been good in his career because he has, but when things go bad, he has a rap sheet that shows how he reacts, and that’s hard to overcome.”
Zambrano posted a 4.49 ERA with the Marlins last year after being acquired for Chris Volstad. His fortunes did not improve in the World Baseball Classic as he allowed two runs in 3.2 innings of work.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (147)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)