Apr 1, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez met with the media for the first time in several months before today’s Yankees-Red Sox game in New York, but predictably didn’t answer many questions about the Biogenesis clinic he’s been linked to.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger sets the scene:
Rodriguez said he has met with the MLBPA to discuss his situation, but would not delve into details. He insisted he does not feel like the target of MLB’s probe, and that he is not worried about being suspended for violating the league’s drug policy.
“No, I’m not,” Rodriguez said. “But I’m not going to further discuss this. At some point, I feel that everything will be good.”
Those were his parting words. He was surrounding by a dense scrum of reporters, a group that likely stretched into triple digits.
Rodriguez also indicated that a midseason return remains the goal as he recovers from hip surgery, insisted he had no interest in being introduced with the Yankees today, and said that “missing spring training obviously sucks … it’s been a tough pill to swallow.”
Jayson Nix is starting at third base for the Yankees today.
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 3
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 42
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 33
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)