Apr 1, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez met with the media for the first time in several months before today’s Yankees-Red Sox game in New York, but predictably didn’t answer many questions about the Biogenesis clinic he’s been linked to.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger sets the scene:
Rodriguez said he has met with the MLBPA to discuss his situation, but would not delve into details. He insisted he does not feel like the target of MLB’s probe, and that he is not worried about being suspended for violating the league’s drug policy.
“No, I’m not,” Rodriguez said. “But I’m not going to further discuss this. At some point, I feel that everything will be good.”
Those were his parting words. He was surrounding by a dense scrum of reporters, a group that likely stretched into triple digits.
Rodriguez also indicated that a midseason return remains the goal as he recovers from hip surgery, insisted he had no interest in being introduced with the Yankees today, and said that “missing spring training obviously sucks … it’s been a tough pill to swallow.”
Jayson Nix is starting at third base for the Yankees today.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)